She’s almost three months old and I’m just getting pics of her room up now. Well, what can I say except life has gotten a little more hectic. So I’m finally getting around to photographing and sharing Elle’s neutral nursery.
Elle is already smiling and cooing at these sweet little birds hanging above her bed. I had a vision of exactly what I wanted and when I found them at Cloud Kissed Kids (such a cute place) locally I was so excited. This time around I hung the mobile from the ceiling instead of from the side of the crib. This way as she gets bigger I can just easily keep raising the height so little fingers can’t yank them down.
Ryder is already enjoying the reading wall and frequently wants to have storytime in his baby sister’s room. (Have you seen the instagram pic of him reading to her–so adorbs)
A big thank you to her Nana for sewing these pillows…
And the crib skirt…
And the bench cushion.
I just love it…and I hope Elle will too!
Well what started out as (what I thought) a big weekend project for Ryan, turned into about 2 weeks with Dave hiring helpers through the weekdays. The handrails had to be left up bare for at least 6 months since we used pressure treated wood. So after a year and a half, we decided to make painting the handrails our top priority this Summer. With two upcoming parties it was time to hustle and get this done now!
So Ryan sprayed the first floor with primer by holding cardboard behind the rails to reduce over-spray.
But we quickly realized that was going to be impossible on the second floor. So we switched gears and pulled all of the handrails down to spray in the backyard. Dave came up with this processing line for painting and drying each piece. Pretty cool huh?
We also decided that the sprayer wasn’t getting into all the nooks and crannies of the rounded spindles, so we went to hand brushing. More time consuming but it wastes less paint and gets a much better coat.
Today we got the second floor back in order and usable again–Ryder says YAY! We’ll have to come back later and do the final coat on the first floor, sand and fill the gaps on the posts, and eventually wrap the 6×6 posts with my final design.
For now this will do.
I know. I’m a bad blogger. I have failed to make any renovation updates in quite some time. The winter here was long and dreary and we just didn’t get much done around the house. Luckily we did end up finishing the new hardwood floors on the 2nd floor. Ryder and I took another opportunity to get away to Florida and left Ryan to complete the hallway, Ryder’s room, and the office (soon to be baby girl’s room).
We even found a railroad track used as an 1800s I-beam. Pretty cool!
You can always count on this little helper.
Next up: a shed for the lower yard…and of course decorating baby girl’s room!
So my lack of posting has not been for lack of effort going on at the house, just no time these days. Ryder’s curiosity and first Frankenstein steps are keeping me on my toes. Meanwhile, Ryan finished the floors and porch railings on the second floor! In the Spring we’ll come back and finish the first floor and paint everything up nice and white. For now, we’re just taking a little time to enjoy our last few warm days.
This is the story of a young couple that got married, moved to New Jersey, and started restoring a 115 year old Victorian in Atlantic Highlands. We're excited to share with you the challenges, ideas (good and bad), and progress of our little home by the sea.
What I’m Pinning